I was thinking I would do a blog about quilting. I've become quite obsessed with quilting. Not actually quilting, but thinking about quilting. Buying fabric to piece and quilt. Getting books on quilting. Reading about quilting. Watching TV quilting shows. Talking about quilting. (sorry about that one) Buying magazines about quilting. Planning future quilts that I will make when I'm done with whatever I'm pretending to do at the time. Eating cookies that are shaped like miniature quilts. (not really, just wanted to see if anyone was paying attention) So anyway, I thought I would do a blog about my venture into the quilting world. So far, I've made a total of (drum roll please) 1 quilt. After 3 years, one quilt. Not bad for someone that doesn't know how to sew.
It all started with me asking for a sewing machine for my birthday almost 3 years ago. My dear husband got it for me. Good old Singer. Then I bought a couple of fat quarters and thought I was IT. Now I am a Quilter! No, I was a cluelessly happy girl with a sewing maching and a few pieces of material and no idea how to use them. But I knew I wanted to piece and quilt suns and moons. I did know that. So I took a quilting class here in Tulsa at The Cotton Patch, great little place. I wish I could just live there. I feel so happy surrounded by all that material. But I have no idea what I'm doing in there. The class did teach me a lot and it made me realize I can do this. It's like anything else in life. One step at a time. So anyway, now I want to document what I'm doing, the quilts I'm making, working on, thinking of.
The first quilt I made, I gave to my sister because when I bought the fabric I thought of her. So it was always her quilt. But before I finished that quilt, I had started a few others through the classes I took. I never finished them (yet) but they were good practice. So who knows, it could still happen.
I also like to write, this kills two birds with one stone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The sewing machine you have now isn't still the Singer we first bought, is it? Seems like you gave it or traded it to someone and I can't remember what the one you have now is..... - Loving Husband
ReplyDeleteYou should write about quilting, throwing stones at birds AND sewing machines.
ReplyDeleteThere. Effective.
Larry, my original was a Singer, I have given it to Daughter Dear in hopes of her following in my footsteps. So far, it's a paperweight. But maybe when I go visit in June.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, you provide the birds and I will stone them.